The Governor is the chief executive officer of BSP and is required to direct and supervise the operations and internal administration of BSP. Specifically, the Governor:
- prepares the agenda for the meetings of the Monetary Board and submits policy recommendations for consideration of the Board;
- executes and administers policies and measures approved by the Monetary Board;
- appoints and fixes the remunerations and other emoluments of personnel, as well as imposes disciplinary measures upon personnel of the Bangko Sentral;
- renders opinions, decisions, or rulings, which shall be final and executory until reversed or modified by the Monetary Board, on matters regarding application or enforcement of laws pertaining to institutions supervised by the BSP and laws pertaining to quasi-banks, as well as regulations, policies or instructions issued by the Monetary Board, and the implementation thereof; and
- exercises such other powers as may be vested in him by the Monetary Board.
The Governor is the principal representative of the Monetary Board and of the BSP. As such, the Governor is empowered to:
- represent the Monetary Board and the BSP in all dealings with other offices, agencies and instrumentalities of the Government and all other persons or entities, public or private, whether domestic, foreign or international; and
- sign contracts entered into by the BSP, notes and securities issued by the BSP, all reports, balance sheets, profit and loss statements, correspondence and other documents of the BSP.
Governor Amando M. Tetangco, Jr.