The BSP's Organizational Structure
as of June 2009
The Resource Management Sector
1. Provident Fund Office
- Implements the rules/regulations governing the administration of the Provident and Housing Funds and carries out the policies and directives adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Provident Fund; and
- Manages the Funds’ investment portfolio and the earnings derived from it.
2. Crisis Management Office
- • Establishes and maintains a BSP Bankwide Master Crisis Plan considering linkages and inter-operability of all departmental crisis plans.
3. Payments and Settlements Office
- Ensures the smooth flow of the country’s payments and settlements system through the Philippine Payments and Settlements System.
Management Services Sub-sector
1. Administrative Services Department
- Manages and performs property control, issuance of real and movable properties, warehousing, records management, printing of bank circulars/internal issuances/forms, mail distribution and telephone switchboard operations.
2. Facilities Management and Engineering Department
- Ensures the general upkeep of the whole BSP Main Building Complex and premises; and
- Manages the operations and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, electronic and auxiliary/accessory equipment systems of the Bank.
3. Project Development and Management Office
• Supervises the renovation and construction of all offices and buildings of the BSP and the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC). It also ensures strict enforcement and compliance with the provisions in the contracts entered into by the BSP and the PICC with architects, contractors, and other parties.
4. Procurement Office
- Supports the Bids and Awards Committee;
- Assists approving authorities in the implementation of awards; and
- Keeps updated list of registered suppliers.
5. Security, Investigation and Transport Department
- Protects and safeguards installations, property, currency, documents/information and personnel of the BSP main office and the Security Plant Complex as well as its field offices against loss through robbery, theft and other crimes, fire, natural and manmade hazards;
- Provides security to currency shipments of the BSP; and
- Provides transport services; maintains the fleet of motor vehicles; operates the Bank’s Motor Pool.
1. Budget Planning and Special Studies Group
- Serves as technical staff of the BSP Budget Committee in the formulation of budget guidelines, preparation of budget forms and dissemination of information to different departments/offices/committees of the Bank;
- Reviews and analyzes budgetary estimates of income and expenses and proposals for capital expenditures and asset acquisitions submitted by the Sector Heads.
2. Financial Accounting Department
- Performs the accounting/bookkeeping, budget administration and disbursement activities of the Bank.
Human Resource Sub-sector
1. Human Resource Development Department
- Implements a competency-based human resource system;
- Manages the development of the organization and its human capital by improving organizational performance through change and development, and organizational planning and staffing; and
- Facilitates the attainment of individual employees' goals and those of the Bank through career and succession management, talent development and personnel selection and placement.
2. Human Resource Management Department
- Delivers human resource services such as recruitment, appointment, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits, payroll, leave and retirement and employee relations.
3. Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Institute
- Acts as the training arm of the BSP;
- Assesses the training needs of all Bank personnel; and
- Designs and administers various executive development/values enhancement courses, seminars or workshops for personnel of the BSP as well as personnel of certain segments of the financial system on a continuing basis
4. Medical and Dental Clinic
- Provides medical and dental services such as consultations and treatments.
Information Technology Sub-sector
1. Policy Standards and Planning Group
- Establishes, monitors, and updates specific standards in the acquisition, development and implementation of application systems.
2. Enterprise Systems and Project Development Staff
- Provides enterprise IT solutions and close support to critical, technical and program management projects, from design, operations, and system evolution.
3. IT Infrastructure and Operations Department
- Manages the computer environment of the Bank and ensures the efficient operation of all communication and technology infrastructure.
4. Information Systems Support and Development Department
- Develops and maintains appropriate business or application software that enhances the effectiveness and efficiency of operations of various departments/offices in the Bank.