HOME  ABOUT THE BANK  MONETARY POLICY  BANKING SUPERVISION  PAYMENTS & SETTLEMENTS  STATISTICS  FEEDBACK CORNER
   BSP NOTES & COINS  MONETARY OPERATIONS  LOANS-CREDIT & ASSET MGT  PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH  REGULATIONS  PROCUREMENT

Feedback Corner

Publications and Research

Media Releases

Auto Loans of Universal and Commercial Banks (U/KBs) and Thrift Banks (TBs)

01.22.2004

As of 30 September 2003, total ALs of U/KBs and TBs continued to increase by 4.7 percent (P2.1 billion) to P46.7 billion from P44.6 billion last quarter and by 10.4 percent (P4.4 billion) from P42.3 billion a year ago.  Subsequently, the ratio of ALs to total loan portfolio (TLP), net of Interbank Loans (IBL) rose to 2.9 percent from 2.8 percent last quarter and 2.7 percent a year ago.

TBs continued to lead the industry, accounting for 69.4 percent of total ALs.  U/KBs held the remaining 30.6 percent, of which domestic U/KBs and foreign U/KBs held 28.7 percent and 1.9 percent, respectively.

Meanwhile, past due ALs went down from last quarter by 0.8 percent (P23 million) to P2.9 billion resulting to a minimal improvement in past due AL ratio by 0.3 percentage point to 6.1 percent compared to last quarter’s 6.4 percent. 

Total past due ALs to non-performing loans remained at 1.0 percent from last quarter but was 0.1 percentage point higher than the year ago ratio.  On the other hand, total past due ALs to TLP (net of IBL) remained at 0.2 percent as in the same period last year.

View Table

RSS Subscribe for updates

Archives