Next Friday, Oct. 26, 2001, 14 students from private and public high schools in the NCR will compete in the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas and Dept. of Education Annual Oratorical Contest on Statistics.
The oratorical contest, with theme “The Role of Statistics in a knowledge-Based Economy,” bats for the nationwide awareness and appreciation of the importance and value of statistics. The contest coincides with the celebration of the 12th National Statistics Month this October.
The contestants and the schools they represent are:
- Lorean A. Suod, Balingasa High School
- Dachiel Arlene G. Ecan, Bagombong National High School
- Erika Pulintan, Las Piñas National High School
- Patrick Arce, Pateros National High School
- Marc Simon P. Ramos, Marikina Institute of Science and Technology
- Richelle Ann Reyes, Malabon National High School
- Jerisha Gloria, Quezon City Science High School
- Jodan Elias S. Tapang, Manila Science High School
- Dyan Reyes, Dr. Arcadio Santos High School
- Jomar Cabeliza, Rizal High School
- Timothy Daniel L. Castro, Makati HS-Pio del Pilar Annex
- Rhea Loraine C. Leaña, Pasay City West High School
- Arnel Mondejar, Mandaluyong Science High School
- Jolly Bilangdal, Mary Cause of Our Joy Catholic School
This year’s board of judges are BSP Monetary Board Member Juan Quintos, Jr., NSO Administrator Carmelita Ericta, NCR Dept. of Education Director Corazon Santiago, Prof. Arnel Torres, St. Scholastica’s College English Dept., and PTV4 newscaster Cristine Ong.`
The public is invited to witness the final competition, to be held at the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Cafetorium, Manila and set to start at 1:30 P.M.