HOME  ABOUT THE BANK  MONETARY POLICY  BANKING SUPERVISION  PAYMENTS & SETTLEMENTS  STATISTICS  FEEDBACK CORNER
   BSP NOTES & COINS  MONETARY OPERATIONS  LOANS-CREDIT & ASSET MGT  PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH  REGULATIONS  PROCUREMENT

Feedback Corner

Publications and Research

Media Releases

Automobile Loans Up From Year Ago by 21.1 Percent

09.07.2007

As of end-June 2007, the automobile loans (ALs) of universal/commercial banks (U/KBs) and thrift banks (TBs) reached P78.9 billion. This is higher by 5.6 percent than last quarter’s P74.7 billion and by 21.1 percent than year ago’s P65.2 billion. Consequently, the proportion of ALs to total loan portfolio (TLP), exclusive of interbank loans (IBL) rose to 4.2 percent (vs. 3.9 percent last quarter and 3.6 percent a year ago).

TBs (including TB subsidiaries of U/KBs) continued to hold the biggest block of the total ALs at 64.9 percent share. U/KBs accounted for the remaining 35.1 percent.

The past due ALs to total ALs ratio stood at 4.8 percent, better than last quarter’s 5.1 percent and year ago’s 5.0 percent ratios. The quarter-on-quarter improvement transpired as the 1.2 percent buildup in past due ALs to P3.8 billion was outmatched by the expansion in total ALs.

Meanwhile, the ratio of past due ALs to TLP was maintained at 0.2 percent in the three comparative periods. On the other hand, the ratio of past due ALs to non-performing loans (NPL) stood at 2.5 percent (vs. 2.4 percent last quarter and 1.8 percent a year ago).

View Table

RSS Subscribe for updates

Archives