HOME  ABOUT THE BANK  MONETARY POLICY  BANKING SUPERVISION  PAYMENTS & SETTLEMENTS  STATISTICS  FEEDBACK CORNER
   BSP NOTES & COINS  MONETARY OPERATIONS  LOANS-CREDIT & ASSET MGT  PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH  REGULATIONS  PROCUREMENT

Feedback Corner

Publications and Research

Media Releases

Automobile Loans Up by 22.2 Percent From Year Ago Level

12.26.2007

As of end-September 2007, the automobile loans (ALs) of universal/commercial banks (U/KBs) and thrift banks (TBs) reached P83.0 billion. This is higher by 5.3 percent from P78.9 billion last quarter and by 22.2 percent from P68.0 billion a year ago. Likewise, the proportion of ALs to total loan portfolio (TLP), exclusive of interbank loans (IBL) went up to 4.3 percent (vs. 4.2 percent last quarter and 3.7 percent a year ago).

TBs (including TB subsidiaries of U/KBs) continued to hold the biggest block of the total ALs at 63.9 percent share. U/KBs accounted for the remaining 36.1 percent. 

Meanwhile, the past due ALs to total ALs ratio settled at 5.1 percent (vs. 4.8 percent last quarter and 5.0 percent a year ago). The quarter-on-quarter increase in the ratio took place as the 10.8 percent hike in past due ALs to P4.2 billion edged out the growth in total ALs.  

The ratio of past due ALs to TLP was maintained at 0.2 percent in the three comparative periods. On the other hand, the ratio of past due ALs to non-performing loans (NPL) stood at 2.9 percent (vs. 2.5 percent last quarter and 1.8 percent a year ago).  

View Table

RSS Subscribe for updates

Archives