HOME  ABOUT THE BANK  MONETARY POLICY  BANKING SUPERVISION  PAYMENTS & SETTLEMENTS  STATISTICS  FEEDBACK CORNER
   BSP NOTES & COINS  MONETARY OPERATIONS  LOANS-CREDIT & ASSET MGT  PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH  REGULATIONS  PROCUREMENT

Feedback Corner

Publications and Research

Media Releases

Consumer Loans Reach P447 Billion in Third Quarter of 2010

01.03.2011

As of end-September 2010, the consumer loans (CLs) of universal/commercial banks (U/KBs) and thrift banks (TBs) reached P447.4 billion, up by 3.0 percent from last quarter’s P434.6 billion and by 11.8 percent from P400.1 billion a year ago.  Meantime, the proportion of total CLs to total loan portfolio (TLP), exclusive of interbank loans went up to 16.3 percent from last quarter’s 16.1 percent and year ago’s 16.0 percent ratio.
 
 By type of CLs, Residential Real Estate Loans accounted for the bulk of total CLs at 40.0 percent (or P178.8 billion). Credit Card Receivables came second with a share of 25.0 percent (or P111.9 billion). Auto Loans and Other Consumer Loans followed with shares of 24.8 percent (or P111.0 billion)  and 10.2 percent (or P45.7 billion), respectively.

By industry, U/KBs held the majority of the banking industry’s total CLs at 60.2 percent (P269.2 billion) while the remaining 39.8 percent (P178.3 billion) was held by TBs. 

As to loan quality, the ratio of non-performing CLs to total CLs of U/KBs and TBs slightly improved to 9.2 percent from last quarter’s and year ago’s 9.3 percent.  The quarter-on-quarter easement came about as the growth in non-performing CLs was outweighed by the larger expansion in total CLs.  Non-performing CLs stood at P41.1 billion, up by 2.0 percent from last quarter.

Meantime, the non-performing CLs to total non-performing loans (NPL) ratio stood at 30.4 percent (up from 29.5 percent last quarter and 28.0 percent a year ago), whereas non-performing CLs to TLP ratio was maintained at 1.5 percent in the three comparative periods.


View Table

RSS Subscribe for updates

Archives