The BSP will inaugurate its new office building in Dumaguete City, the fourth branch constructed using the new design of BSP buildings, on 8 June 2011. The program will commence at 10:00 a.m. with ribbon-cutting and marker unveiling ceremonies to be led by BSP Governor Amando M. Tetangco, Jr. together with other members of the BSP Monetary Board, Negros Oriental Governor Roel R. Degamo, and Dumaguete City Mayor Manuel T. Sagarbarria. The building structure will be blessed by Most Reverend John F. Du, Bishop of the Diocese of Dumaguete.
In the same event, the BSP will open the Dumaguete leg of its Economic and Financial Learning Program (BSP-EFLP) which will run from 8-13 June 2011. The BSP-EFLP consolidates the outreach educational activities of the BSP under one flagship program. It consists of a series of learning sessions and activities which aim to promote greater awareness and understanding of essential economic and financial issues to help the public acquire the knowledge and develop skills needed to make well-informed economic and financial decisions and choices. The BSP-EFLP also embodies the BSP’s thrust to promote inclusive and proactive economic and financial education among its stakeholders, based on the philosophy that a citizenry that is well-informed in economics and finance is a more effective partner of the BSP in maintaining the effectiveness of monetary policy as well as in ensuring a stronger and safer banking and payments system.
Specifically, the following component programs1 of the BSP-EFLP will be conducted in Dumaguete City:
- “Be up to SPeed on BSP,” role of the BSP in the economy, 09 June 2011, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Bethel Guest House;
- Financial education expo for students, 09 June 2011, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Negros Oriental Convention Center;
- “Paghahanda sa Kinabukasan” Financial learning campaign for overseas Filipinos and their beneficiaries, 10 June 2011, 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Bethel Guest House;
- Financial education expo for the work force, 10 June 2011, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Negros Oriental Convention Center; and
- Financial learning seminar for microfinance clients, 13 June 2011, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Bethel Guest House.
The BSP Monetary Board will also host a dinner reception for the Negros Oriental banking community on 8 June 2011 at the new BSP Dumaguete Branch Office in North Road, Daro, Dumaguete City.
1 See Annex (attached) for the description of each program.