Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Governor Amando M. Tetangco, Jr. hosted the traditional Awards Ceremony and Appreciation Lunch for BSP Stakeholders on 4 July 2012 at the BSP Assembly Hall, Manila, together with the members of the Monetary Board. Several partner institutions from the National Capital Region (NCR), 25 among which were recipients of the BSP Stakeholders’ Awards, attended the event.
The annual Awards Ceremony and Appreciation Lunch are being held to recognize the significant contribution of partner institutions and to honor those who have exhibited sustained support considered to be above par with respect to their contemporaries. Twenty-eight awards were given to institutions in the NCR while 39 will be awarded to institutions in areas outside NCR (AONCR) from July to September, summing to 67 the total number of awards to be given this year.
Three partner institutions in the NCR received the recognition for the same award category for three consecutive years which merited their inclusion in the Hall of Fame awards. These institutions and their respective awards were as follows:
- Hall of Fame for Cross Border Transactions Survey Best Respondent for Transactions Coursed through Bank Accounts Abroad – First Gas Power Corporation
- Hall of Fame for Sources of Information for Balance of Payments Projections (Public Sector) – Export Development Council
- Hall of Fame for Sources of Information for Balance of Payments Projections (Private Sector) – Business Processing Association of the Philippines
Completing the list of awards for partner institutions based in the NCR are as follows:
Outstanding Information Support
Business Expectations Survey
- Best Respondent for the Construction Sector – Riofil Corporation
- Best Respondent for the Industry Sector – Permex Producer & Exporter Corporation
- Best Respondent for the Services Sector – JGC Philippines, Inc.
- Best Respondent for the Trade Sector – Ferrostaal Philippines, Inc.
- Outstanding Respondent among Large Firms – Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company
- Outstanding Respondent among Small and Medium Firms – Monaco Manufacturing Corporation
Cross Border Transactions Survey
- Best Respondent for Transactions Coursed through Bank Accounts Abroad – First Gas Power Corporation
Foreign Direct Investment
- Best Respondent – Terumo (Phils.) Corporation
Coordinated Portfolio Investment Survey
- Best Respondent – Taiwan Cooperative Bank – Manila Offshore Banking Branch
Survey of Information Technology – Business Process Outsourcing Services
- Best Respondent – PCCW Teleservices (Philippines), Inc.
Recognition for Information Sources
- Balance of Payments Projections (Public Sector) – Export Development Council
- Balance of Payments Projections (Private Sector) – Business Processing Association of the Philippines
- Monetary Policy (Public Sector) – Department of Energy
- Monetary Policy (Private Sector) – Bank of China Limited, Manila Branch
Overseas Filipino Remittances
- Best Commercial Bank Respondent on Overseas Filipino Remittances – Metropolitan Bank and Trust Company
Overseas Filipino Remittances
- Top Commercial Bank in Generating Remittances from Overseas Filipinos – Philippine National Bank
Credit Surety Fund
- Outstanding Lending Bank – Development Bank of the Philippines
- Outstanding Program Partner – Industrial Guarantee and Loan Fund
Institutional Partner for Microfinance
- Financial Inclusion Partner – USAID – Rural Bankers Association of the Philippines – Microenterprise Access to Banking Services Program
BSP PhilPaSS REMIT Project for Overseas Filipinos
- Best Performing PhilPaSS REMIT Participant – Banco de Oro
Clean Note Policy Campaign
- Outstanding Partner Bank – Commercial/Universal Banks – Bank of the Philippine Islands
- Outstanding Partner Bank – Thrift Banks – RCBC Savings Bank
- Universal & Commercial Banks – Asia United Bank
- Thrift Banks – Equicom Savings Bank, Inc.
- Best NGC Information Campaign Partner – SM Cinema Group
This special event is traditionally held every year as the BSP’s way of showing gratitude for the enormous support it receives from its partner institutions. In addition, it is also being held to motivate its stakeholders in sharing the BSP’s mission to uplift the living conditions of the Filipino people by implementing responsive monetary and banking policies and programs.