The Chairman of the Monetary Board and Governor of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Amando M. Tetangco, Jr., hosted the 10th Awards Ceremony and Appreciation Lunch for BSP Stakeholders in the National Capital Region (NCR) on 16 July 2013 at the BSP Assembly Hall, Manila, together with the members of the Monetary Board. Several partner institutions, including recipients of the BSP Stakeholders’ Awards, attended the event.
Thirty-three awards were given to outstanding institutions in the NCR while 38 more will be awarded in areas outside NCR (AONCR) from July to October, for a total of 71 awards this year. Two partner institutions in the NCR were recognized in the same awards category for three consecutive years, qualifying them to the Hall of Fame awards.
The awardees and their respective categories were as follows:
Outstanding Information Support
Business Expectations Survey
- Outstanding Respondent Among Large Firms – Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company
- Hall of Fame for Business Expectations Survey for Outstanding Respondent Among Large Firms – Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company
- Outstanding Respondent Among Small and Medium Firms – National Reinsurance Corporation of the Philippines
- Outstanding Respondent for the Construction Sector – Meralco Industrial Engineering Services Corporation
- Outstanding Respondent for the Industry – Vishay (Phils.), Inc.
- Outstanding Respondent for the Services Sector – Robinsons Bank Corporation
- Outstanding Respondent for the Trade Sector – Seacom, Inc.
Cross Border Transactions Survey
- Outstanding Respondent for Transactions Coursed through Bank Accounts Abroad – FGP Corporation
Foreign Direct Investment
- Outstanding Respondent – Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company
Coordinated Portfolio Investment Survey
- Outstanding Respondent – United Coconut Planters Bank
Survey of Information Technology – Business Process Outsourcing Services
- Outstanding Respondent – Advanced World Solutions, Inc.
BSP's Survey of Inflation Forecasts
- Outstanding Respondent – Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation
Senior Bank Loan Officers' Survey
- Outstanding Respondent – The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
Source of Information
- Outstanding Partner for Balance of Payments Projections – Semiconductor & Electronics Industries in the Philippines, Inc. (SEIPI)
- Outstanding Partner for Monetary Policy – Energy Regulatory Commission
BSP-UP Professorial Chair Lectures
- Outstanding Professorial Chair Manager – UP School of Statistics
Overseas Filipino Remittances
- Outstanding Commercial Bank Respondent on Overseas Filipino Remittances – Union Bank of the Philippines
Overseas Filipino Remittances
- Commercial Bank that Generated the Largest Overseas Filipino Remittances – Philippine National Bank
- Outstanding PhilPaSS REMIT Participant – BDO Unibank, Inc.
- Outstanding PhilPaSS Participant Servicing Customer ePayments (Commercial Bank) – BDO Unibank, Inc.
- Outstanding PhilPaSS Participant Servicing Customer ePayments (Thrift Bank) – Sterling Bank of Asia, Inc. (A Savings Bank)
- Universal & Commercial Banks – Bank of the Philippine Islands
- Thrift Banks – Sterling Bank of Asia, Inc. (A Savings Bank)
Credit Surety Fund
- Outstanding Credit Surety Fund – Bohol Coopreneurs Credit Surety Fund
- Outstanding Lending Bank – Land Bank of the Philippines
- Outstanding Program Partner – Industrial Guarantee and Loan Fund
- Outstanding Local Government Unit – Provincial Government of Pangasinan
- Outstanding Financial Inclusion Partner – Microfinance Council of the Philippines, Inc.
- Financial Inclusion Champion – CARD Banking Group
- Hall of Fame for Financial Inclusion Champion – CARD Banking Group
- Outstanding Partner for Currency Information Program – SM Cinema
- Outstanding Partner for Children's Savings Mobilization Campaign – BDO Unibank, Inc.
- Outstanding Partner for Child Finance Education – Department of Education
The annual Awards Ceremony and Appreciation Lunch are held to recognize partner institutions for their significant contribution and support to the statistical undertakings, information requirements, and advocacy programs of the BSP. The event marks a milestone of successful alliances that helped the BSP carry out its mandate of safeguarding price stability and promoting a sound and inclusive financial system.