The 11th Awards Ceremony and Appreciation Lunch for BSP Stakeholders in the National Capital Region (NCR) was held on 9 July 2014 at the BSP Assembly Hall, BSP Complex in Manila. The Chairman of the Monetary Board and Governor of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Amando M. Tetangco, Jr., together with the members of the Monetary Board, hosted the event. Recipients of the BSP Stakeholders’ Awards, together with many partner institutions, attended the ceremony.
Thirty-three awards were given to outstanding institutions in the NCR while 43 more will be awarded in areas outside NCR (AONCR) from July to September, for a total of 76 awards. “Forging Stronger Alliances, Propelling Sustainable Growth” is the theme for this year’s event.
The awardees and their respective categories were as follows:
Business Expectations Survey
- Outstanding Respondent among Large Firms – Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company
- Outstanding Respondent among Small and Medium Firms – Riverbanks Development Corporation
- Outstanding Respondent for the Construction Sector – Meralco Industrial Engineering Services Corporation (MIESCOR)
- Outstanding Respondent for the Industry Sector – Armak Tape Corporation
- Outstanding Respondent for the Services Sector – JGC Philippines, Inc.
- Outstanding Respondent for the Wholesale & Retail Trade Sector – Kodak Philippines Ltd.
Cross Border Transactions Survey
- Outstanding Respondent for Inter-Company Accounts - TI (Philippines) Inc.
- Outstanding Respondent for Transactions Coursed through Bank Accounts Abroad – First Gas Power Corporation
Foreign Direct Investment Survey
- Outstanding Respondent – Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company
Coordinated Portfolio Investment Survey
- Outstanding Respondent – Taiwan Cooperative Bank
Survey of Information Technology – Business Process Outsourcing Services
- Outstanding Respondent – Safeway Philtech Inc.
Coordinated Direct Investment Survey
- Outstanding Respondent – Henkel Philippines, Inc.
Sources of Information
- Outstanding Partner for Source of Information for Balance of Payments Projections – United Coconut Association of the Philippines (UCAP)
- Outstanding Partner for Source of Information for Monetary Policy – National Food Authority
BSP's Survey of Inflation Forecasts
- Outstanding Respondent – Bank of Commerce
BSP-UP Professorial Chair Lectures
- Outstanding Professorial Chair Manager – UPLB College of Agriculture
Information on Overseas Filipino Remittances
- Outstanding Commercial Bank Respondent on Overseas Filipino Remittances – Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation
Overseas Filipino Remittances
- Commercial Bank that Generated the Largest Overseas Filipino Remittances – BDO Unibank, Inc.
Conference on Gearing Up for External Competitiveness
- Outstanding Partner - Security Bank Corporation
Credit Surety Fund
- Outstanding Credit Surety Fund – Metro Cebu Credit Surety Fund
- Outstanding Lending Bank – Land Bank of the Philippines
- Outstanding Program Partner – Development Bank of the Philippines
- Outstanding Local Government Unit – Provincial Government of Pangasinan
- Outstanding Financial Inclusion Partner – Microfinance Council of the Philippines (MCPI)
- Financial Inclusion Champion – CARD Banking Group
- Outstanding PhilPaSS REMIT Participant – Philippine National Bank
- Outstanding PhilPaSS Participant Servicing Customer ePayments (Commercial Bank) – BDO Unibank, Inc.
- Outstanding PhilPaSS Participant Servicing Customer ePayments (Thrift Bank) – Sterling Bank of Asia, Inc. (A Savings Bank)
- Universal & Commercial Banks – Asia United Bank Corporation
- Thrift Banks – Philippine Resources Savings Banking Corporation (PR Savings Bank)
- Outstanding Partner for Child Finance Education – Bankers Institute of the Philippines
- Outstanding Partner for Children's Savings Mobilization Campaign –
Polytechnic University of the Philippines Department of Banking and Finance
- Outstanding Partner for Currency Information Program – SM Lifestyle Entertainment Incorporated
The Awards Ceremony and Appreciation Lunch is held annually to recognize outstanding partner institutions for their strong support and contribution to the statistical undertakings, information requirements, and advocacy programs of the BSP. The event marks a milestone of successful alliances that have helped the BSP in safeguarding price and financial stability.