HOME  ABOUT THE BANK  MONETARY POLICY  BANKING SUPERVISION  PAYMENTS & SETTLEMENTS  STATISTICS  FEEDBACK CORNER
   BSP NOTES & COINS  MONETARY OPERATIONS  LOANS-CREDIT & ASSET MGT  PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH  REGULATIONS  PROCUREMENT

Feedback Corner

Publications and Research

Media Releases

BSP Rediscount Rates for May 2016 and Availments as of April 2016

05.10.2016

The BSP announced today the applicable Peso Rediscount Facility and Exporters Dollar and Yen Rediscount Facility (EDYRF) rates for the month of May 2016 and loan availments as of end-April 2016.

The Peso Rediscount Facility rates for Rediscounting Windows (RWs) I and II for May are as follows:

 

Rate (%) 

Loan Maturity

RW I

RW II

30 days

6.1250

4.0000

90 days

6.1875

4.0000

180 days

6.2500

4.0625

360 days

n/a

4.1250

The Peso rediscount rates for RW I and RW II are effective starting 15 September 2014 up to the next policy rates revision and are based on the applicable BSP one-month repurchase rate and overnight reverse repurchase rate, respectively, plus term premia for longer maturities per Circular No. 806 dated 15 August 2013.

The following are the rates for the month of May for loans under the EDYRF:

 

Rate (%) 

Loan Maturity

 Dollar

Yen

1-90 days

2.63660

1.97743

91-180 days

2.69910

2.03993

181-360 days

2.76160

2.10243


The EDYRF rates are based on the respective 90-day London Inter-Bank Offered Rate (LIBOR) as of 29 April 2016 plus 200 basis points plus term premia for longer maturities pursuant to Circular No. 807 dated 15 August 2013.

Under the Peso Rediscount Facility, total availments covering the period 01 January to 30 April 2016 amounted to P10,423.8 million, the bulk of which or 76.5 percent went to other credits consisting of capital expenditures, permanent working capital and other service activities. The remaining portions went to commercial credits (23.5 percent) and production credits (less than 0.1 percent). 

Under the EDYRF, total dollar availments for the period 01 January to 30 April 2016 amounted to US$ 10.0 million.  There was no yen-denominated availment under the EDYRF for the same period.

RSS Subscribe for updates

Archives