HOME  ABOUT THE BANK  MONETARY POLICY  BANKING SUPERVISION  PAYMENTS & SETTLEMENTS  STATISTICS  FEEDBACK CORNER
   BSP NOTES & COINS  MONETARY OPERATIONS  LOANS-CREDIT & ASSET MGT  PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH  REGULATIONS  PROCUREMENT

Feedback Corner

Publications and Research

Media Releases

BSP Rediscount Rates for October 2016 and Availments as of September 2016

10.10.2016

The BSP announced today the applicable Peso Rediscount Facility and Exporters Dollar and Yen Rediscount Facility (EDYRF) rates for the month of October 2016 and loan availments as of end-September 2016.

The Peso Rediscount Facility rates for Rediscounting Windows (RWs) I and II are as follows:

 

Loan Maturity

Rate (%)

RW I

RW II

90 days

3.5625

3.0000

180 days

3.6250

3.0625

360 days

n/a

3.1250

 


 

 

The Peso rediscount rates for RW I and II are based on the latest available BSP overnight lending rate and overnight reverse repurchase rate, respectively, plus term premia for longer maturities per Circular No. 916 dated 08 July 2016.

The following are the rates for the month of October for loans under the EDYRF:

Loan
Maturity

Rate (%)

Dollar

Yen

1-90 days

2.85367

1.97407

91-180 days

2.91617

2.03657

181-360 days

2.97867

2.09907

 

 

 

 The EDYRF rates are based on the respective 90-day London Inter-Bank Offered Rate as of 30 September 2016 plus 200 basis points plus term premia for longer maturities pursuant to Circular No. 807 dated 15 August 2013.

Under the Peso Rediscount Facility, total availments covering the period  01 January to 30 September 2016 amounted to P10,734.4 million, the bulk of which or 76 percent went to other credits consisting of capital expenditures, permanent working capital and other service activities. The remaining portions went to commercial credits (24 percent) and production credits (less than 0.1 percent).

Under the EDYRF, total dollar availments for the period 01 January to 30 September 2016 amounted to US$ 10.4 million.  There was no yen-denominated availment under the EDYRF for the same period.

 

RSS Subscribe for updates

Archives