The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) warns the public against fraudulent loan documents, deposit certificates, fund transfer documents or other commercial papers allegedly issued, secured or guaranteed by the BSP. Scammers, pretending to be authorised BSP officials, provide these documents to individuals, corporations or institutions. Scammers claim that such documents will facilitate financial transactions in favour of the recipients, in exchange for confidential personal or corporate information, and subject to fees or charges. (Sample fake document images attached).
The public is advised that the BSP:
- Does not issue or guarantee commercial documents or products (e.g. banking forms, fund transfer orders, certificates of deposit).
- Does not transact with individuals, corporations or institutions at random.
- Only deals with authorized or accredited counterparties, mostly BSP-supervised institutions (BSFIs)1, duly-recognized partners, and appropriately-contracted suppliers or service providers.
The public should beware of fake documents containing:
- Imitations of the BSP seal, logo and official-looking document formats.
- Forged or digitally-copied signatures of BSP officials, employees or consultants.
- Alleged BSP products, services, or partnership agreements offered by individuals or establishments posing as BSP officials, employees or consultants, whether in-person or on social media.
For your protection, do not believe claims of unexpected monetary gain. Immediately report cases of such claims, suspicious documents or activities naming the BSP or its officials to the:
Financial Consumer Protection Department
Financial Supervision Sector
BANGKO SENTRAL NG PILIPINAS
Consumer Assistance Kiosk, Ground Floor, Multi-Storey Building, BSP Complex, Malate, Manila
Tel. No.: (+632) 708-7087
Trunkline: (02) 708-7701 local 2584
1 BSFIs refer to Banks, Non-Banks with Quasi Banking Functions, Non-Stock Savings and Loan Associations, Pawnshops, Foreign Exchange Dealers, Money Changers, Remittance Agents, E-money Issuers, and Money Service Providers and Virtual Currency Exchanges under BSP supervision. List at http://www.bsp.gov.ph/banking/directories.asp