HOME  ABOUT THE BANK  MONETARY POLICY  BANKING SUPERVISION  PAYMENTS & SETTLEMENTS  STATISTICS  FEEDBACK CORNER
   BSP NOTES & COINS  MONETARY OPERATIONS  LOANS-CREDIT & ASSET MGT  PUBLICATIONS & RESEARCH  REGULATIONS  PROCUREMENT

Feedback Corner

Publications and Research

Media Releases

Credit Card Receivables of Commercial Banks (KBs) and Thrift Banks (TBs)

09.10.2003

There was continued growth in the Credit Card Receivables (CCRs) of the banking industry. As of 30 June 2003, the combined CCRs of KBs and TBs reached P37.9 billion or 3.9 percent higher than last quarter’s P36.4 billion and by 11.0 percent from P34.1 billion a year ago. Total CCRs remained at 2.0 percent of total loan portfolio (TLP).

Inclusive of credit card subsidiaries, total CCRs of KBs and TBs stood at P49.5 billion, P1.5 billion or 3.0 percent higher than the previous quarter but P1.2 billion or 2.4 percent lower than a year ago. Total CCRs stayed at 2.6 percent of TLP.

Foreign KBs continued to account for bulk of the total CCRs at 71.9 percent while Domestic KBs and TBs including their subsidiary credit card companies held the remaining 28.1 percent.

The combined past due CCRs of KBs and TBs together with their subsidiary credit card companies stood at P8.6 billion or 17.4 percent of total CCRs (vs. 17.3 percent last quarter), equivalent to 2.9 percent of total non-performing loans. Past due CCRs went up by 3.6 percent from last quarter’s P8.3 billion but down by 23.7 percent from P11.3 billion a year ago.

View Table 1/ Table 2

 



RSS Subscribe for updates

Archives