CIRCULAR LETTER NO. CL-2006-013
To : ALL BANKS
Subject: “Tulong Barya para sa Eskwela” Coin Recirculation Project
Pursuant to the Memorandum of Agreement on the National Coin Recirculation Program dated 17 January 2006 among the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Bankers Association of the Philippines (BAP), Chamber of Thrift Banks (CTB), Rural Bankers Association of the Philippines (RBAP), Bank Marketing Association of the Philippines (BMAP), and Philippine Retailers Association (PRA), where all partners pledged earnest support for the program, all banks are hereby enjoined to vigorously take part in the “Tulong Barya para sa Eskwela”, a nationwide coin collection campaign for the benefit of public elementary schools.
This multi-sectoral project spearheaded by the BSP is being undertaken in cooperation with the Department of Education (DepEd), BAP, CTB, RBAP, and PRA to encourage people to regularly use and accept coins. The BSP, therefore, enlists the full cooperation of all banks to ensure the success of the project.
Each participating bank shall:
- display prominently in its premises a notice of its participation in the campaign;
- open an account under the name of “Tulong Barya para sa Eskwela” where the public can deposit their donations;
- provide a container, preferably transparent, in its premises where the public can drop their donations;
- submit updates on the “Tulong Barya para sa Eskwela” account balance to its respective bank association, including breakdown of donations by provinces; and
- remit to its bank association a check payable to the DepEd “Tulong Barya para sa Eskwela” Trust Fund equivalent to the account balance at the end of the campaign.
To ensure wider participation of the public as well as of students in the coin recirculation project, participating banks are encouraged to initiate, develop and execute programs and activities in support of the “Tulong Barya para sa Eskwela” donation campaign.
For your guidance and compliance.
NESTOR A. ESPENILLA, JR.
Download Signed Document and Attachment